Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, April 23, 2010

God Loves You

Proverbs 8:17

I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

Good morning ladies,

Today’s z-mail is going to be short.

I am getting ready to go to Carson City and I don’t have a lot of time.

For that last five weeks I have been praying about what God wants me to say to these women that I don’t even know. This morning I think I got the answer.

All God wants me to tell them is that He loves them. That’s it, that’s enough.

They don’t need to hear that they need to do more Bible study; they don’t need to hear that they need to be nicer; they don’t need to hear that they should stop gossiping. They probably already know all that.

All they need to hear is God loves them.

Understanding that you are loved by God is the beginning of everything. It fills a hole nothing else can fill, it allows you to love yourself and it will compel you to love Him back.

Recently I switched from using artificial sweetener in my coffee to using real sugar, and I discovered the weirdest thing. I don’t need as much sugar as I thought I would. A little bit is very satisfying.

The same is true with God.

You can use a whole lot of the world trying to make yourself feel better or you can use a little bit of God.

I highly recommend God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment