Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

According To Your Faith

Matthew 9:27-29

As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, "Have mercy on us, Son of David!" When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" "Yes, Lord," they replied. Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you";

Good morning ladies,

Like many stories in the Bible I’m sure this one is often misused and I hesitated to use it, but I think the point Jesus is making is so important.

The blind men were seeking healing from Jesus. But before He healed them He asked them “Do you believe I am able to do this?”

They answered “Yes”, so He healed them. Had they answered “No” I think He would have walked away.

The point of the story isn’t that the men were healed because they had so much faith, I think the point is that if you don’t have faith He can’t. Whether He heals or not is still up to Him.

But I think the application goes beyond physical healing. I think it applies to everyday life. To see God work we need to have faith.

Last night at Bible study we talked about the Sabbath year. God commanded the Israelites as they were entering the Promised Land to let their fields lay fallow every seven years. One of the purposes was to increase their faith because not working reminded the people of God’s control and provision for them.

But it would have taken faith to do it. Can you imagine taking a whole year off work, trusting that God would take care of you?

This morning I realized God had done that with me.

Last year God asked me to take a year off work. It didn’t make sense financially but God made it VERY clear that I was supposed to take a year off. So I did.

It has been an amazing year that has definitely increased my faith.

Currently I have been pink-slipped so I don’t know whether I will return to work next year or not. Either way is scary. But this morning I realized it doesn’t matter, either way will be okay because God is able.

Some of you might remember this song from the 80's; it was always one of my favorites:

He is able more than able

To accomplish what concerns me today
He is able more than able
To handle anything that comes my way
He is able more than able
To do much more than I could ever dream
He is able more than able
To make me what He wants me to be

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment