Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, April 9, 2010

Have You Seen Jesus?

Mark 16:12-13

Afterward Jesus appeared in a different form to two of them while they were walking in the country. These returned and reported it to the rest; but they did not believe them either.

Good morning again ladies,

I know I never send two z-mails in the same day, but after I did my quiet time I just felt I had to write to you again.

I don’t know how many of you are using My Utmost for His Highest as part of your daily devotion but today was especially wonderful.

It is titled “Have You Seen Jesus?”

Chambers write: Being saved and seeing Jesus are not the same thing. Many people who have never seen Jesus have received and share in God’s grace. But once you have seen Him, you can never be the same. Other things will not have the appeal they did before.

I don’t know how many of you have seen Field of Dreams. It is one of my favorite movies.

In it Kevin Costner builds a baseball diamond in the middle of his corn field because a voice tells him to. Everyone thinks he is crazy but he does it anyway.

After he finishes the field he waits, but nothing happens for a long time, eventually some baseball men come out of the corn to play on the field.

At first only Kevin and his daughter can see them; finally his wife can see them as well.

Everyone else just sees an empty field, but Kevin and his family see the men and because of that they are willing to lose everything to keep the baseball field.

That’s what I thought of today as I read Oswald Chambers.

I agree with Chambers, seeing Jesus and being saved are not the same thing. Because I have been saved for years, but it is only recently that I have really seen Jesus.

Love,
Jill






No comments:

Post a Comment