Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, April 2, 2010

He Came to Give Us Rest

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Good morning ladies,

Don’t you love these verses? I do.

Jesus promised that His burden would be light and His yoke would be easy and Jesus NEVER lied. Why then are so many people overburdened and stressed out?

I think the major reason is that we are carrying things that Jesus did not intend us to carry. We have added to the load and now it is too heavy.

Last year when I was teaching, running Awana, trying to start Zebras, and teaching Bible study in addition to being a wife and mother I had too much and I knew I had too much. But I couldn’t figure out what to get rid of.

I would hold out my imaginary plate and ask Godly friends including my husband what they thought it was I should get rid of.

No one had any suggestions so I made it through that year claiming verses like:

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Because if there wasn’t anything I was supposed to drop then God would give me the strength to do it all. And He did. But everyday I would pray for God to show me if there was something I was supposed to quit doing.

Finally He did. It was my job.

If you are overburdened something is out of balance. Either you are carrying too much or you are doing it in your own strength. And if you really want things to change, ask God and he will tell you how.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment