Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Squirrels

Numbers 14:24

But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.

Good morning ladies,

God loves you!

Every morning as I do my quiet time and pray about what to write to you, my moodles, (small dogs of unknown origin) Joshua and Abigail sit next to me on chairs with pillows for added comfort.

They know the command “Bible Study” and run to get there. They usually settle down very quickly and grab their morning nap.

This morning Abigail couldn’t settle down. There is a squirrel that lives in our backyard and she could see it through the dining room window. She couldn’t get to the squirrel because it was outside and the squirrel couldn’t get to her either. But she let it disturb her nap anyway.

I tried to comfort her by petting her but it didn’t matter. She sat there quivering trying to catch a glimpse of her arch-nemesis, the squirrel.

What I know, that Abigail doesn’t know, is that short of a miracle she is never going to catch that squirrel, even if I let her outside. The squirrel is up on the fence, five feet above Abigail’s head and although she runs pretty fast for a moodle, that squirrel runs faster. The only way she is going to catch that squirrel is if God intervenes.

Our world is like that squirrel. It is too much for us. But it isn’t too much for God.

Yesterday when I was doing my Bible study on Joshua I came upon this description of Caleb, the other spy who believed God could conqueror Israel’s enemies and give them the Promised Land.

My Bible says: Caleb was not so much a man of great faith as a man of faith in a great God! His boldness rested on his understanding of God, not on his confidence in Israel’s abilities to conquer the land.

And I thought that is what we need to be. We don’t have to work up great faith; we just need to know our great God.

I believe that if God wanted Abigail to catch that squirrel, He could tie it up and hand it to her. But Abigail doesn’t, so she lets it ruin her life.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment