Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Strengthen Weak Knees

Hebrews 12:12-13

Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.

Good morning ladies,

God has me camped in the twelfth chapter of Hebrews.

Hebrews 12:1-2 have long been favorite verses but recently I have come to love verses 12 and 13 as well.

I used to think of twelve as an exercise verse. Sort of like a command to go to the gym. But recently God has shown me different.

Last week I was reading verse thirteen thinking that it really didn’t make any sense. In my world the lame are already disabled since they can not walk. So I decided it was time to figure out what that verse really said.

I got my word study dictionary and started looking up the words. I looked up a lot of words without any great insights until I got to lame. Lame does not mean unable to walk it means: lame or infirmed in a spiritual sense.

Ahhhh! That changes things.

But it was when I looked up” healed” that I finally understood the full meaning of the verse.

“Make straight and level paths, that the lame may not be driven to turn aside into other paths, but may be healed,” i.e., that those who are wavering in faith may not be led to turn away, but rather be brought back and established.

Now it made sense.

People whose faith is wavering are like drowning men. They are looking around for anything to save them, anything to give them hope.

That’s where we come in.

The reason we need to live morally upright lives, looking different than the world as we rely on and trust God is not just to reach the lost, but so that those whose faith is wavering will look at us and be encouraged.

Don’t you love that?

I do because it has nothing to do with exercise!

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment