Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just a Dream

2 Timothy 4:2-4

Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Good afternoon ladies,

I had a bad dream last night and I can’t seem to shake it so maybe I am supposed to share it with you.

Before I do, let me reassure you I do not think I have the power to interrupt dreams nor has God ever spoken to me in a dream. Sometimes I pray He would, but He never has.

This is just a dream, nothing more.

I dreamt that I was in a room with a whole bunch of ladies. It was a “herd” meeting and there were a lot of new women. We were all excited and praising God for the large turnout. But there was something not right. The conversation wasn’t about God at all. It was the same old conversation I hear every day in the world.

Then men and children started coming in and it got kind of crazy.

Since Zebras is currently only for women I asked the men and children to leave. They weren’t happy but they went. Then I went over the guidelines for being a Zebra starting with “You have to believe that the Word of God is true.” And suddenly people started leaving. “This isn’t fun anymore.” they said and out they went.

I ended up in a room with about five other women wondering what I had done wrong.

Love,
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Look at the next verse. 2 Timothy 4:5
    "But you, be sober in all things, endure hardships, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." In being fully obedient to God, we are not always popular,
    but we will be blessed. Go fulfill your
    ministry!

    ReplyDelete