Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, May 28, 2010

Looking Odd

Deuteronomy 12:4

You must not worship the LORD your God in their way.

Good morning Zebras,

I prayed that you would wake up this morning thinking about how much God loves you and I hope you did. But if you didn’t, it isn’t too late. God does love you, He made you, He saved you and He called you to be His own. How much more proof do we need?

In Bible study we are finishing our study on Joshua where we have had the opportunity not only to look at the faithfulness of God as He fulfilled EVERY promise He made to the Israelite, but also at the commands He gave them on how to live in the Promised Land.

And although I have read Deuteronomy numerous times I never noticed today’s verse before. Look at what Moses is telling them: do not worship YOUR God THEIR way.

Isn’t that what we have done?

I don’t know how many of you remember the excitement that came when you were first saved. Personally I couldn’t stop talking about it. I was bold beyond bold. But slowly that changed. Why?

I think part of the reason was I got subtle and not so subtle hints that I had gone way overboard. I mean worshiping God is fine, but don’t get carried away with it.

But is that what the Bible teaches?

No.

The Bible teaches us to boast upon the Lord, to dance, to sing praises to God, to be joyful always, and to rejoice,

But in our world that looks odd. But why do we care?

David didn’t. Remember that great scene out of 2Samuel 6 where David, the king of Israel, danced before the Lord. Remember what he said when his wife rebuked him?

If not I suggest you look it up and read it for yourself. And when you do, remember David is the only person in the entire Bible referred to “as a man after God’s own heart.”

So dance little Zebras, dance.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment