Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, May 31, 2010

Wait on God

Isaiah 64:4

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.


Good morning ladies,

Yesterday at church we sang Chris Tomplin's song "Everlasting God." Most of you probably know it, but just in case the title is not familiar the words, Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord" reference one of my favorite passages in Isaiah:

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

But do we really wait upon the Lord? Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about that.

The other morning I was eating breakfast. Joshua and Abigail, my beggar dogs, had joined me. They were sitting, one on each side, waiting for their share of my Raisin Bran.

Since I do this every morning they had every reason to expect that I would give them a flake or two. But after a very short time of waiting Abigail got impatient and started sniffing the floor.

She had decided I was too slow in producing the desired flake so she went to look elsewhere.

I immediately recognized myself.

I ask God for something, and I wait for a while, but if He doesn't produce it within a reasonable amount of time I go get it for myself.

Of course I still give God the credit, but deep down I know I manipulated the situation.

That's how I got huskies and a bunch of other things that have caused me grief. None of which would have happened if I had just waited on God

In this society of fast food, fast cars, and fast Internet we really don't like to wait, but we will never know what God had planned to give us unless we do.

Love,
Jill











No comments:

Post a Comment