Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, December 2, 2011

Faithful

1 Corinthians 1:9 (NIV)

God, who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
Good morning Zebras,
My favorite part of a herd meeting is the sharing. After a whole month of praying about and watching for an attribute of God in our lives we get together and share what we have learned.  It’s very encouraging hearing woman after woman testify to what God has done in her life that month.
Doing this for the last three years has exponentially increased my knowledge of God and consequently my faith, so when Anita gave me the attribute ornaments I shared about yesterday, she knew I would love them.
Originally I had planned to take the month of December off, but after I finished writing yesterday’s z-mail God gave me a different plan.  Each day I am going to write about the attribute ball that we put on our tree the night before.  Just like at a herd meeting I am going to share how I have seen God work in that area of my life and hopefully you will want to join in. But even if you can’t I’ll pray you will be encouraged as I spend this month focused on the attributes of our amazing God.
Last night I cheated.  I think I was supposed to pull an ornament at random from the box, but I’ve been so blown away by God’s faithfulness that I had to start there.
Three years ago I took a leave of absence from work to pursue ministry.  At the time I felt like I was a crazy person but I knew God was calling me to quit working for money and start working for Him.  In May I quit for good and over these last three years I have watched God faithfully provide everything my family has needed and more.
First and foremost, He has provided a job for Gary. There have been a few bumps in the road, but God was always faithful.  The bills got paid and we had plenty of food.  But He didn’t stop there. He has given us things that we just wanted as well
Gary, my husband, likes cars.  And we have always had “nice” cars, nothing flashy but good practical dependable cars.  But I know my husband, and I knew that there was a car longing inside of him that had not been satisfied. So when he let me quit work I knew he was also giving up his car. God knew that too and six months ago he gave Gary a job that came with a brand new Flex.  I am almost embarrassed to drive around in it because it is so nice, but I keep reminding myself it came from God for FREEEE.
I have wanted new windows in our house for a long time.  But without my income there was no way we were ever getting them, and to be honest even with my income it would have been a stretch.  But we have new windows now because God provided them through my mother-in-law who graciously offered to pay to have our windows replaced.
Then yesterday my sister called.  She was shopping and she wanted to know if I needed anything.  I can’t really go into details because I don’t want to ruin the surprise for my husband, but I started crying when I was talking to her because I knew although the present was coming from my sister, the idea had come from God.
Worrying used to be a full-time occupation.  I grew up with very little money and because of it I’ve always worried about it.  But God promises in Matthew 6 that if we will seek first His kingdom and His righteousness He will provide everything we need. 
And I have found God is faithful to keep His promises.
Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment