Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, December 5, 2011

Omniscient

Hebrews 4:13 (NLT)
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.
Good morning Zebras,

Today’s attribute is omniscient.
According to R.A. Torrey’s book What the Bible Teaches, God’s omniscience means God’s knowledge is infinite.  He sees all that occurs everywhere.  He sees all the good and all the bad.  He knows everything that happens in nature He knows what each of us are doing.  He knows all our deeds, experiences, thoughts, words, and sorrows.  He knows from eternity to eternity everything that has happened and everything that will happen.  And He knows not only what each one of us will do, He also knows our part in His plan of the ages.

It is an attribute that belongs uniquely to God and it is one of my favorites because knowing God knows everything that has happened and everything that will happen is incredibly comforting.
Last night Nick, my son, drew an ornament out of the box, looked at it and put it back.  Instead of giving me the one he had chosen at random he threw it back in and picked a different one.  When I asked him why he had done that he said he didn’t really like the one he had picked first. 

But the one he had picked first was one I wanted to write about today.  It was an attribute that went nicely with yesterday’s attribute of Just.  So I couldn’t  deciding which attribute to write about.
Nick’s input was I should write about omniscient since God, being omniscient, knew he was going to put the first ornament back and pick this one instead. This morning God confirmed that Nick was right.

God woke me up this morning at 5:00, with what I thought was my cell phone ringing downstairs.  But when I got up to check my phone was turned off.  I turned in on just to make sure that I hadn’t missed a call.  Since I was up I went to the bathroom taking my phone with me.  Sitting there half asleep I decided to check Facebook. (Let me say at this point I have NEVER checked Facebook at 5:00 in the morning on the toilet before and have NEVER had any desire to do so.)
This was what my friend Amy had just posted:  It was the Holy Spirit. A very clear indication to wait after the light turned green, just to make sure other drivers saw their red. I waited. The other driver didn't even slow down. Straight through. But not into me because God had me wait. Really.

And that’s one reason I love the omniscience of God.  He knows what is going to happen and sometimes, when we need to know, He tells us.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment