Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cool Story

Acts 20:20

You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

I got up this morning and told God I had nothing to say to you, because I am tired of telling you to learn and obey God’s Word. I am starting to feel like a nag.

Then God gave me the coolest story.

As I sent Gary off to work this morning I reminded him to be still and let God solve the problems he is having at work. He has a deadline on Friday but all work is shut down until they can find a part they are missing.

He looked for it yesterday with no luck.

On his drive to work this morning he turned on his radio and the song playing was “Be Still” so he called to tell me that God had just told him the same thing and he thanked me for encouraging him to listen to God.

At the risk of being seen as a nag, I told him that one of the best things about being still is that you can hear God speak more clearly, so if God brought something to his mind, no matter how unlikely, he should do it.

He just called to say they had found the part.

He was going across the bridge and he thought of a parts store that they had not tried because they never have anything they need. But because of what I said, he decided to call. They had three.

So ladies, I will continue to nag you, encourage you, challenge you, and love you. Because I know what God is capable of doing on a day to day basis and I want you to know it too.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment