Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Don't Care

Leviticus 18:4

You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

When my kids were little we were blessed with another family from our church to hang around with. Ramey and I were best friends and so were the kids.

In fact we were together so much that we invented a name for our new family. We blended Miller and Getchell and we became the Giller family.

Disciplining four small children was often tiring and both Ramey and I got really tired of them responding to our instructions with “I don’t want to…”

So one day out of complete frustration and giddiness we came up with a song that we would sing back at them when they said they didn’t want to do what we told them to do.

The words were simple.. “I don’t care, I don’t care..” over and over again.

It made the kids crazy.

This morning when Nick said he didn’t want to put his bands on his braces because they made his teeth hurt, this song came back to me.

I don’t care if the bands make his teeth hurt he has to wear them.

And God doesn’t care if what He is asking you to do is uncomfortable or difficult, He knows it is best for you and He expects you to do it.

Now I don’t know it God sings, but if He does, included in His repertories, along with many songs about how much He loves us, might be Ramey and my song…”I Don’t Care.”

Love,
Jill


Input from my Zebra sisters:

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:16-18 (in Context) Zephaniah 3


Yes, He does sing. Did you know He also whistles? Read Isaiah 5:26, Isaiah 7:18 and Zechariah 10:8. And in Psalm 37:13 He laughs

No comments:

Post a Comment