Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Remember

2 Timothy 2:8a

Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was a day of remembering.

As I prepared to go to the church last night and make the first Zebra DVD so that I could take this ministry to other women I had serious doubts about my sanity.

This is not like any other ministry work I have ever done. There is no one telling me what to do. No established guidelines to follow. Really the ministry doesn’t even exist except in my head and God’s.

And I could be crazy.

So yesterday I had to go back and remember everything God had ever told me about Zebras.

It was a good trip.

Many of you know that I am an avid believer in journaling and this is one of the reasons. Since I had written done everything God had revealed to me about starting this ministry I could go back and remember. It helped reassure me that I wasn’t crazy, or if I was crazy at least I was crazy for God.

This morning I did a word study on “remember.”

There are actually a lot of things God commands us to remember.

We are supposed to remember what He has done for us in the past, we are supposed to remember we were saved by grace, we are supposed to remember the poor, and we are supposed to remember everything He has taught us, just to name a few.

But it always has a purpose. God wants us to remember those things because they help us in our Christian walk.

Too often we remember the wrong things. We remember past hurts and perceived injustices. We remember things that hindered us in our walk.

What do you remember?

Think about it and resolve to forget anything that does not bring glory to God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment