Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, February 26, 2010

Lessons from God

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Good morning ladies,

I couldn’t decide what verse to pick this morning. There are so many to choose from I had troubled deciding on one. So I just used one of my favorites.

Nicholas, my son, and I have battled about math for the last five years. It is not his favorite subject and he doesn’t do well. He says he understands what he is doing but he continues to get low grades.

I get frustrated because it seems to me that he doesn’t even try and although I don’t want to I end up yelling at him.

But his math grade didn't improve.

Last week I was praying about it and God said, “Quit yelling at him and come alongside him. Treat him like I treat you. Make sure he understands what he is doing and show him that you love him.”

So I tried it. Instead of just telling him to do his homework I sat with him and we did it together. He explained to me how to do the problems and then we would race to see who could get finished first. He loved it when I got an answer wrong. I loved watching his confidence grow.

Tuesday, as I sent him off to school to take the “big test” I was confident he understood the material and I told him so. I told him not to be nervous because even though I couldn’t go with him, God could and I told him I loved him no matter how he did on the test because I knew he had tried and he couldn’t do more than that.

Yesterday he got his test back and he got the highest grade in the class. So here are my lessons:

1. God does not yell at us to learn something, He comes alongside of us and walks with us and teaches us what we need to know. We have to be willing to learn.

2. Teaching others is a great way to learn.

3. Working together is fun.


4. God loves us no matter how we perform on the “test."

But He does expect us to try.

Love, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment