Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sober Judgment

Galatians 6:14

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

It is my goal to learn to be a better leader for God so I sought Godly council. The first thing they asked me to do was take an online assessment called “Leading from Your Strengths.”

I took it Sunday night.

After you take the test you are instantly sent a profile that tells you about your personal leadership style. One of the reports it generated was called “Seeing Yourself as Others See You” and it was divided into three sections.

The first section was” Self-Perception” and it said: Jill usually sees herself as being: pioneering; competitive; positive; assertive; confident; and a winner.

I could have cried.

I wanted it to say: Jill usually sees herself as a servant of God who knows without the grace and love of God she would be nothing. She understands everything good about herself comes from God and she no longer boasts in anything except power of God.

I know the purpose of the assessment was not to depress me, but to help me fulfill Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you, with the ultimate purpose of being able to work together with other believers.

I know better than anyone what I was before Christ and I have not forgotten it.

It disturbed me that I could think of myself as a “winner.”

God is the winner and He has graciously allowed me to be on His team.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment