Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, February 1, 2010

Confession

James 5:16

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

This morning Nick asked me to make him a dental appointment because the wire on his braces was “shredding” his cheek. Now I have been dealing with kids and braces for a few years and I know you don’t go from fine to “shredding.”

So I asked him when the wire had come lose.

“Wednesday,” he said.

“Then why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“Because when it started it was just a little poke.”

People ask me how I can be so transparent. How I can just tell others about my every flaw.

First, from my vantage point my flaws are so glaringly obvious I might as well fess up to them, and second, I have learned from experience that what starts out as a small poke will end up shredding my life if I don’t confess.

Of course only God can forgive us our sins and we need to start by confessing to Him, but there is something so freeing about confessing to others that you are not perfect.

Perfect is just TOO hard to maintain. Impossible actually because the Bible says:
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:8 (NIV)

Only Jesus was perfect. The perfect lamb of God whose’ death and resurrection made it possible for us to have a relationship with God and eternal life.

Plus when we confess our sins to other godly people they will pray for us and as today’s verse says: The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

That’s why it’s important to have Christian friends and one of the benefits of being part of the herd.

Love,
Jill


P.S. If you feel God is leading you to start a herd at your church, please contact me at jillgetchell@newharborchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment