Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Exercise Your Rights!

Romans 6:6-7

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been freed from sin. (NIV)

Good morning ladies,

American’s love their freedoms; we have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms just to name a few. And many people have died securing those freedoms for us.

Christians have freedoms too. We have the freedom from the penalty of sin, but equally important is the freedom from the power of sin.

And Jesus died to secure those freedoms for us.

Because of His death and resurrection we will be able to stand before God, justified and forgiven, not because of what we have done, but because of what He has done.

And we also have the freedom each and every day not to allow sin to boss us around.

Once when I was reading my Bible Gary walked in the room and said something that annoyed me. My eyes fell on the verse from James that says: My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

I remember consciously thinking, I could keep quiet like God is telling me or I can say something. I knew I had the choice. I chose wrong.

Everyday in every situation we need to remember we have the choice. We do not need to get angry or frustrated. We do not need to be consumed with worry or fear. We are choosing to do those things.

In the 1970’s comedian Flip Wilson made the saying “the devil made me do it” a national expression.

But it is wrong.

The devil cannot MAKE you do anything. Because the Bible clearly states that: the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Ladies you do not have to be a slave to sin any longer-you are free.

Exercise your rights!

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment