Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, March 1, 2010

Walk in the Light

John 3:19-20

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Good morning ladies,

I had a bit of a shock this morning as I was taking Nick to school. He leaves at 6:45 in the morning and in August, when school started, I used to get dressed before I drove him to school because I didn’t want to be seen in my bathrobe.

Around Christmas time I noticed it was still dark outside when we left so one morning, when I was in a hurry, I didn’t get dressed I just took him to school in my ratty old bathrobe and slippers.

And I liked it. It was easier on me and there was a little bit of a thrill because I knew I was doing something that Gary would not approve of.

Well this morning when I walked outside the neighbor across the street was out getting his paper and I noticed that it wasn’t dark out anymore. Slowly it has gotten lighter in the morning and the darkness that used to cover up my unflattering attire was gone.

I was in the light and what was fine for the darkness was no longer okay and I knew I was going to have to make the effort to get dressed from now on.

For me being in the light is one of the best things about being a Zebra.

Zebras are other women who love God, want to grow in their faith, and believe the Word of God is true so it is difficult to be around them and continue to sin.

And that is good.

I don’t want there to be anything in me that is displeasing to Jesus and sometimes I can fool myself. Jeremiah 17:9 says the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked and it is true. We can convince ourselves that our little sin is no big deal, or even worse that it isn’t a sin at all.

Proverbs 27:17 says:
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

So ladies we need one another, not only for encouragement but also for accountability if we want to grow in our faith.

Remember it is the lone Zebra that gets eaten!

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment