Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Make Me Like Joshua

Philippians 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Good morning ladies,

When I went to Precept training a few years ago I took a class to help me understand Greek, the language of the New Testament. It was a short class so I didn’t learn a lot, but I did learn that the verbs in Greek have more meaning than verbs in English.

For example, in this verse “Rejoice” is the verb, it is also a command and it implies and an action that should be continuous and repeated.

Therefore we are commanded to constantly be rejoicing in the Lord.

I’m not even sure what that looks like.

But I think it might look like my moodle, Joshua.

He is just a dog but his level of joy and loyalty challenge me everyday.

He is joyful when he sees me, contented when he is near me, tries always to keep me in sight, and willing to do things that make him shake with fear if it means staying close to me.

He does not spend his time worrying about anything but me.

And it works for him. I take care of him; I feed him, bath him and brush him. I buy him toys and treats. He does not want for anything.

Maybe that is how our relationship with God is supposed to be.

Jesus told his disciples
“So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well “

The question is do we believe Him and rejoice?

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment