Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, March 5, 2010

Alll Things to All Men

1 Corinthians 9:22-23

To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel that I may share in its blessings.

Good morning ladies,

We had a great lesson in Awana last night.

Bill came in talked about the spread of the gospel into Korea. He did a role play where he told the kids they were Christian prisoners who had brought the Good News into that country. He had them tie their legs together and walk around the building singing praises to God and then he led them into the kitchen where he had prepared a wonderful meal of Korean food.

Now most of the kids had never had Kimchi before and they weren’t too excited about trying it. Bill explained it was just a vegetable made by God and that if they didn’t eat it they would offend their captures and make it difficult for them to share the gospel.

I’m not sure all the kids got it but I did.

Sometimes we limit our ability to share Jesus with others because of the way we act. If we are unkind or offensive, unforgiving or critical how effective will we be in sharing our faith?

Who wants to listen to someone that has offended them?

That is why Paul says he is willing to become all things to all people. Not that he changes his faith in God, but he is willing to change those things that might offended others or cause them to stumble so that he can reach them for God.

He wrote to the Corinthians
“Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall.”

Paul had one focus in life: love God and love others.

And because of that he had joy.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment