Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

John 14: 15-17

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Good morning ladies,

We had the most interesting breakfast conversation today.

I woke up in a crabby mood so I went off to have some quiet time before I even attempted to minister to my family.

Today’s My Utmost for His Highest was about sin. Chamber’s writes: One of the punishments of sin is our acceptance of it…sin establishes itself in the sinner and takes its toll.

Immediately I realized what my problem was, I had let a sinful attitude that started yesterday take over and without me realizing it; it was taking its toll.

This wouldn’t happen, I thought if I Jesus lived with me. He would always keep me on the straight and narrow. He would notice immediately any sinful attitude or behavior and make me correct it; the ultimate accountability.

Over breakfast I asked my family what they thought it would be like to live with Jesus.

Their responses were great.

But since they didn’t sign up to be Zebras I will respect their privacy and not share them with you.

The truth is Jesus does live with us everyday in the form of the Holy Spirit, but since we can’t see Him we forget He is there. But He is. And He gives us the power not only to recognize sin, but to overcome it.

Take a moment to think how you would react if Jesus moved in and if you want to have a little fun ask someone else.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment