Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, March 19, 2010

If You Paid Attention...

John 14:1

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me.”

Good morning ladies,

Our family has just discovered Monk.

In case you are unfamiliar with it, Monk is a TV show about a brilliant but obsessive-compulsive detective named Adrian Monk who solves San Francisco’s toughest crimes. Monk is afraid of everything.

The series aired in 2002 and ended this year but since we didn’t discover it until it was over we are renting back episodes from Netflix and watching them in order. (We are currently on season four episode thirteen.)

In season two they changed the theme song to “It’s a Jungle Out There” by Randy Newman and the words have gotten stuck in my head, especially this line because I think it has a nugget of truth in it.

People think I'm crazy, 'cause I worry all the timeIf you paid attention, you'd be worried too

What you pay attention to will determine your attitude. If you pay attention to the world you will end up anxious and fearful. If you pay attention to God you will have peace and joy.

It really is your choice.

Jesus comforted his disciples in the Upper Room by telling them to trust in God. But then He went on to say: In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

I used to think that people who found their comfort in heaven were odd. Now I am beginning to understand. This life is just a wisp, our troubles are momentary and fleeting, but heaven is not and that’s why it is comforting.

I have ruined whole days because I focused on the wrong things and embraced my “bad mood.” I don’t want to waste the rest of my life doing the same thing.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment