Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, March 22, 2010

Licking God's Nose

James 1:26-27

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Good morning ladies,

I love my Moodles (my name for my dogs because they are mutt-poodles) and they love me too.

I can tell they love me by the way they act.

Joshua gets so excited when he sees me he sometimes has trouble breathing and Abigail always brings me a toy to show me what a good girl she is.

But even though they both love me they still do things wrong. Anyone who has ever tried to house train a little dog knows how difficult it is. We are almost there but it has been a long road. For some reason they don’t understand that going “potty-potty” outside is the thing that would please me most.

Instead what they like to do is jump up on my lap and lick the inside of my nose. I know they think is a great way to show me how much they love me, I just think it is gross. And although I don’t like it I sometimes allow them to do it because I know they are just expressing their love.

I just wish they would learn which one I would prefer.

God has told us what He prefers. He wants us to love Him more than anything, care about others, control our tongue, and keep ourselves from being polluted by the world.

Often times we get off track. We forget what He asked us to do and we start doing things that we enjoy doing hoping He will like them too. Basically we are licking God’s nose.

It is easy to devote our life to Christian service especially to those things that we enjoy doing. It is much more difficult to devote our life to God.

But that is what pleases Him.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment