Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let Me Help!

1 Peter 5:7

Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

Good morning ladies,

I am nothing if not stubborn and if you don’t believe me ask my husband.

He is a great guy, very gentlemanly, and it makes him crazy I won’t let him carry things for me.

If I have a bunch of boxes to unload or a table to carry he will offer to help, but I often refuse. Heck, I was a letter carrier who used to walk nine miles a day with up to fifty pounds of mail on my shoulder, I can carry stuff. “I don’t need no stinkin’ help!”

Which is true, I don’t “need” help but it would be easier if I took it.

What I can carry with a lot of effort, Gary can carry very easily because he is stronger.

Stop to think how much God could carry if we let Him.

He could carry all our worries and burdens. He could carry all our family and friends, including our children. He could carry our jobs and our finances.

Really, God could carry everything.

And He wants to. But do we let Him?

Do you pick and choose what you let God carry? Do you hand over the things that are obviously too big to bear alone and insist upon carrying the “small” stuff yourself? Or do you hang on to the things that are the most important to you because you want to make sure they “come out right.”

Either way you are carrying more than you need to.

When I let Gary carry stuff and I just walk along beside him it is so much easier for me and it makes him happy. He loves me and he likes doing things for me.

So does God.

Make God happy today, give Him something to carry.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment