Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, March 29, 2010

Bunny Stealer

Psalm 27:14

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Good morning ladies,

I am finally breaking my own rule.

I went to Costco Saturday and the Easter stuff reminded me of this z-mail. I decided to reuse it since it is one of my favorites and a lesson that I really want to learn.

Dear little Zebras,

I am writing this because I need to confess that I am a bunny stealer.

On Friday Gary and I went to Costco to pick up a few items. I hadn’t purchased anything for Easter yet but I figured I could easily pick up what I needed while we were out. When we went by the pallet of chocolate Easter bunnies it was completely empty and I realized I might be in trouble.

As we continued shopping I came upon an abandoned cart (at least that is what I told myself) that had six chocolate Easter bunnies in it. They were smaller than I had hoped, but they were bunnies. I watched the cart for about 10 minutes and no one returned to claim it so I took two bunnies out of it even though they weren’t exactly what I had been looking for.

My conscious bothered me immediately, but I kept telling myself that the cart was abandoned and it was okay to take the two bunnies. (Isn’t it funny how we can rationalize sinful behavior.)

On Saturday Gary and I went out again to pick up a few more items. When we went in Target there were the perfect Easter bunnies, just what I had been looking for so of course I bought them.

Now I have four chocolate bunnies and I can’t enjoy any of them.

The lesson of course is obvious; I should have waited on God to bring me the bunnies instead of stealing them for myself.

It is a small lesson that has large implications for all of us who are waiting on God for something.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment