Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yes or No?

Matthew 5:37

Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

Good morning ladies,

My kids have every intention of obeying me. They just don’t always do it.

Take last night for example. They were supposed to go to Youth and then come home and finish their homework. Instead they went to Youth and then went to Burger King with some of the kids.

As soon as they got home and I reminded them about what they were supposed to do they were repentant and apologized. And I know they meant it but I also know they will do it again.

Because what they want to do overshadows what they have been asked to do.

The problem is that I am having trouble getting really angry with them because God is showing me that I do the same thing to Him all the time.

I have every intention of obeying God ,and I tell Him so, but somehow I find myself doing exactly what I want instead.

This weeks’ Bible study had us evaluate our Christian walk. The first box read “Things I Need to Change” the second box said “I Will or I Will Not”. And I liked that. I thought they were giving me a choice whether or not I wanted to change.

But that isn’t what they meant at all. They meant “I will…” finish the sentence with what you need to start doing, or “I will not…” finish the sentence with what you need to stop doing. Basically a personal put on/put off list.

Whether or not to obey wasn’t a choice.

We all had a good laugh about me misreading the lesson but it isn’t really all that funny because it shows my heart.

Somewhere inside of me I still believe that disobeying God is an option as long as I am honest about it. But it isn’t. Not if I want all the blessings.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment