Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Practical God

Joshua 10:12

On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

Good morning ladies,

I have a crazy busy day ahead of me and I’m sure many of you can relate. To make it worse I checked the bank balance and it isn’t so good. I could feel the anxiety starting to take over and I knew I needed to talk to God.

God is so practical. I think that many people forget that. He knows what needs to get done and He has the power to help. He also knows the right words to comfort you in every situation if you will just sit still long enough to listen.

He is wiser than your wisest friend and more powerful than anyone.

I love the book of Joshua and I am thinking about teaching it this summer. The Precept description reads: Conquering Your Enemies God said, "Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed." Increase your faith in God who has put you in His grip and will never let you go!

Maybe our problem is that we don’t see the world as our enemy. Not the people of course, but the schedules and demands. They take our focus off of God and drive us to the brink of collapse. They are not good for us.

But God can overcome our schedules.

Today’s verse references a great story out of the Old Testament. Joshua needed more time to win the battle against the Amorites so he prayed that the sun would stand still. And God did it. The Bible says the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Last year when I had SO much to do I got in the habit of praying for God to multiply my time, go before me to smooth the way, and to give me wisdom to know what needed to be done.

It might not be as dramatic as making the sun stand still, but I found it worked.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment