Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

He Has the Right

Romans 8:28-29

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.


Good morning ladies,

I almost didn’t send this to you this morning. I was having trouble writing it and the subject matter seems so dark I decided that I shouldn’t send it; I mean I don’t want to depress you.

So I walked away from the computer and went to have breakfast. Before I could even start the coffee a Zebra sister called out of the blue and said exactly what I was writing. She even used the verse. She said she felt God told her to call.

So ladies, here it is, straight from God.

Job is not a book that I like to read. To be honest I have never read the entire thing. I mean, the little bit of suffering I have done is enough for me, I can’t imagine suffering at the level of Job and I have always been a bit concerned that if I read the book, God would make me go there.

But this week as we studied contentment there were a few cross references into Job so I was forced to read it.

Job was amazing. Job was as great a man of God as Paul. Job had everything taken away from him-everything and yet the Bible says: In all this Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Job never said “That’s not fair.”

How could he do that? Because Job understood at a very deep level that everything that happened to him came from the hand of God and he also understood that God had the right to do it.

God created us and then He redeemed us therefore He owns us and has the right to do with us as He wishes.

Be grateful He loves us.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment