Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, March 26, 2010

Beggar Dog

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Good morning ladies,

This is one of my Life Verses.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the will of God.

Everything that happens to us is allowed by God. But not everything that happens to us is God’s perfect will for us.

God has a permissive will. It is not what it is best but what He allows.

A good Biblical example is found in 1Samuel 8, when the nation of Israel begged God for a king. He told them it wouldn’t be good for them, but they insisted and He relented. You can read the story for yourself, but it isn’t good.

Yesterday God gave me an example closer to home.

Gary, my husband, says I have ruined our moodles. I have turned them into “beggar dogs.” And it is true.

When I am in the kitchen cooking I will often give them a little treat. And if no one else is home when I am eating, I am happy to share a little with them. Even though I know it is not good for them I give it to them because they look so cute when they beg.

That is God’s permissive will. We ask and ask and ask, and we manipulate the situation until we get what we want and then we say it is the will of God.

And it is, but not His PERFECT will.

I used to be a beggar dog, especially with my husband. I would bug and bug and bug Gary until he finally gave me what I wanted. That’s how I ended up with the “huskies from hell.’ It was a horrible dog experience and I am still apologizing to my family for putting them through it.

Of course at the time I would have told you God got them for me. We even named one Vanna which is Russian for “gift from God”

But I was wrong. God did not give me those dogs, He relented and let me have them. And there is a big difference.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment