Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, December 11, 2009

Answered Prayer

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Good morning ladies,

I used to worry A LOT! When I first began growing in my faith I had to read Matthew chapter six verses twenty-five through thirty-four every single day. Because of my childhood I was constantly worried that Gary was going to lose his job and we wouldn’t have enough money. It was all consuming.

But God is faithful. He eventually healed me in that area but quitting work and relying on God is definitely stretching my faith.

Yesterday after mailing the check for the taxes on the house Gary’s mom called. She needs a tax deduction so she is giving us $5000. That is twice as much as we needed so not only did God provide for the taxes He also gave me enough to get new tires and a tune up for the van.

Yippee!

God is so creative.

In the book of 2Samuel God used the forest to defeat David’s enemies.

The battle spread out over the whole countryside, and the forest claimed more lives that day than the sword.

He often did things like that so the Israelites would know who was really winning the battle.

And I think He still does.

God could have given us the money through Gary’s job, that would have been normal, but I think he used the IRS so we would know it was from Him.

Thank you all for praying.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment