Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Refocus

2 Corinthians 4:18

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday was a battle day.

It is cold and dark. Attendance was low at the Zebra meeting. (I know its Christmas and people are busy.) People don’t want to come to Bible study because they say it is too hard. Christmas is two weeks away and I don’t have a single decoration up. The taxes are due on the house today and God didn’t supernaturally supply any extra money. And Gary’s company is not giving Christmas bonuses.

So Satan had plenty of ammunition to work with. “Just give up” he whispered. “Go back to work. Quit this silly God-stuff, it isn’t working out. You need to refocus on what’s really important.”

Fortunately I am getting better at recognizing Satan’s lying little voice so I went into battle mode which means scripture and prayer.

I prayed for myself and I called a few Zebra sisters and asked them to pray for me too. Then I forced myself to meditate on the Word of God.

Satan wants us to focus on the world. He wants us to base our happiness and joy on the things that we see.

God wants us to base our happiness and joy on Him.

The important difference of course is that one changes, and one does not.

I can’t change my circumstances. I cannot make people come to Bible study or Zebras and I cannot make money appear from nowhere. But I can quit focusing on it.

Every day we have a choice, we can focus on our circumstances which may or may not be good, or we can focus on God.

I encourage you to focus on God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment