Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

T-shirt

Mark 8:38

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

Good morning ladies,

I have no idea how many times this same sentiment is repeated in the New Testament. I found five and I wasn’t even looking very hard.

I am not much of a clothes horse. I enjoy wearing jeans and T-shirts and one of my favorite clothing stores is a gas station on Interstate Five. They have the best Christian T-shirts.

We haven’t driven down to Southern California for awhile so we stopped on our way to Disneyland and replenished my wardrobe.

I bought a shirt that my daughter already has. It is the American Idol logo, but instead on saying American Idol it says Amazing Grace and underneath in smaller print “I don’t need an idol I have a savior.” I have been watching Katherine wear it for the last year and I decided I needed one too.

I was so excited about getting it I wore it to Disneyland.

About halfway through the day I was regretting my decision, because that shirt attracts a lot of attention. And to be honest I was glad when it got cold enough to put my coat on. I don’t know how Katherine does it.

In this adulterous and sinful generation people wear all kinds of things on their T-shirts, some of which I find completely offensive, yet I was embarrassed to be wearing a Christian T-shirt on Christmas Day in a public place.

Ouch!

I do not want Jesus to be ashamed of me when He comes back and I do not want Him to deny me before His Father. I want Him to be proud of me. I want to be so identified with Jesus that when people look at me they see Him. And that has nothing to do with wearing Christian T-shirts.

But if I can’t stand up to a few looks and comments about a shirt without becoming uncomfortable I think God may be showing me that it is an area that still needs work.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment