Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, December 4, 2009

Satan's Trap

Genesis 4: 6-7

Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

Good morning ladies,

If you asked me what my “life verses” are, verses that have shaped my life, this isn’t one that I would mention, but it is.

Today I woke up feeling tired and discouraged. Last night was Awana and I hadn’t prepared very well so even though the club went well I knew I hadn’t done my best.

I came home from club ate a plate of nachos and crawled into bed thinking I should just quit, throw in the towel and give up.

After getting the kids off to school this morning I settled down do my quiet time and immediately God brought this verse to mind. (I think He was waiting for me.)

“Why are you sad and discouraged? Isn’t it because there is something that I have asked you to do that you are not doing? Do you think I can bless you when you are being lazy and disobedient? You know how to fix this. Just do what I have asked of you to the best of your ability. If you don’t you are going to fall into the trap of self-pity and depression. It’s your choice.”

Ouch!

Of course then I had to look the verse up to reread it in context and at the bottom of the page I saw this chart:

Satan's Plan:

Doubt: Makes you question God’s Word and His goodness
Discouragement: Makes you look at your problems rather than at God
Defeat: Makes you feel like a failure so that you don’t even try.
Delay: Makes you put off doing something so that it never gets done.
Diversion: Makes the wrong things seem attractive so that you will want them more than the right things.

Too often we forget that our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the powers of darkness and evil. God tells us that although Satan cannot steal our salvation he would love to steal our joy and peace.

We have to resolve not to let him.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment