Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Truth

John 8:31-32

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Good morning ladies,

I have discovered an ugly truth about myself. I don’t like to make people angry.

"But," you may say, " that’s good, you don’t want to run around making people angry." And I agree, but not when keeping people happy means compromising the Word of God.

Last night at Bible study we looked at what it meant to be a bondservant of Christ. Paul often introduced himself that way and it was really interesting to see how much meaning was behind those two little words. One of the verses we referenced was Galatians 1:10b.

If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Each morning I pray about what to write to you. I want to write you something that encourages you because I know you already have enough things in your life that bring you down. And because of that I sometimes am not as bold as I should be.

This morning as I was praying God brought this verse to mind. “Jill,” He said, “It is not watered down platitudes that will make them happy, but the whole truth and council of my Word.”

So here’s the truth: You will never have joy if you have one foot in the world and one foot in the “church.” You know too much to enjoy the pleasures of the world, and you know too little to really see the majesty and wonder of God.

Picture a person who is standing with one leg on the dock and one leg in a boat and the two are drifting apart. At some point you have to choose and jump or you will end up in the water.

The same is true with the things of God. Jesus said to his disciples:

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

And really, nothing has changed.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment