Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snuggie

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Good morning ladies,

I am not sure where to begin.

This Christmas, because of what was going on with my sister and my nephew, I couldn’t focus. All I could think about was that Dawn and Norm would get to see each other again and Dawn would meet her grandchildren. So it was really difficult to think about the other aspects of Christmas, like gift giving.

I bought the kids a few gifts, but they knew we needed to save money for Disneyland so they didn’t want much. Gary and I decided not to exchange gifts at all.

This morning, while I was doing my Bible study, I told Gary I’d found a new journal, just like the one I currently have, at the book store yesterday.

“Well God just got you everything you wanted for Christmas this year, didn’t He?” was his reply.

And it was true.

I had three things on my mental Christmas wish list, my zebra license plate, a zebra snuggie, and a new journal, and God gave me every one of them.

The more I read the New Testament the more I am convinced that all we should care about is our relationship with God and our relationship with other people.

Jesus never cared about “stuff” or how He looked; all He cared about was healing the sick, helping the lost and bringing glory to His Father. He knew His Father had everything else covered.

Seeing my family reconciled this Christmas was gift enough and God did not need to get me anything else but He did, not because I deserve it, but because He is a generous and loving God who desires to bless His obedient children.

Ladies, we worry about so many things, many of which we cannot change, but what we should worry about is our relationship with God and with His people. Let Him worry about everything else.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment