Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Monday, December 14, 2009

Two Become One

Genesis 2:24/Matthew 19:5/Mark 10:7-8/Ephesians 5:31

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday when I told Gary I loved him, he asked me “Why?’ “Because God gave you to me.” was my reply. He laughed and said “Well that’s good you should always love what God gives you.”

This morning I was praying about Gary’s future. And I realized, again, that our futures are intertwined. Where he goes I go and where I go he goes and because of that we should both be praying for God’s direction and guidance.

I am not a committee worker. I think the most efficient way to accomplish a task is to divide and conquer. You do your job and I’ll do my job and everything will get done.

That attitude occasionally bleeds over into my marriage and because of that we sometimes get out of sync.

Kelly often talks about having a vision for the church. I think it is equally important for us to have a vision for the family. Not just what God wants for me and what God wants for Gary, but what does God want for us.

If you have ever been in a three legged race you know how frustrating it is to run when you and your partner are not in step. You trip and fall or you move really slowly. Instead of being in the front of the pack where you want to be you are limping along in last place. It is even worse it you aren’t both going in the same direction.

You may want to blame your partner but the truth is you are both at fault.

Ladies, if you are married God has made you one with your husband and you need to learn to run together with a common vision. And that takes work.

I suggest starting with prayer.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment