Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Healing

Luke 8:46

But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

Good morning ladies,

I have done a fair amount of Bible study, a lot of which has been focused on Paul’s letters, the Old Testament, and selected passages from Psalms and the Gospels. Although I have read the Gospels and I studied both Matthew and John with BSF, I felt that in preparation for retreat I needed to read and study the Gospels again to get a clearer picture of Jesus.

What struck me as I was reading was how many people Jesus healed.

In this story there is a crowd around Jesus and a woman who had been bleeding for twelve years reached out and touched the edge of His cloak. Immediately she was healed.

“Who touched me?” Jesus asked, but everyone denied it. The disciples helpfully pointed out that there were a lot of people pressing against Him, but Jesus knew this touch had been different because power had gone out of Him.

Eventually the women confessed and Jesus said “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”

What struck me about the story is, as the disciples pointed out, there were a lot of people around Jesus. The Bible doesn’t say whether any of the rest of them needed healing, but my guess is they probably did.

Jesus seemed to attract those who were sick, lame, blind, or possessed. They knew that Jesus had the power to heal them and they flocked to Him. So it would make sense that there were others in the crowd who needed healing, but it was the woman who reached out and touched Him in faith who received it

Hurting people still flock to Jesus because He still has the power to heal.

I was one of them.

Of course I didn’t need a physical healing I need an emotional one.

For a long time I walked along side of Jesus. I went to church, I hung around Christians, and I read my Bible. But I was still broken.

It wasn’t until I reached out and touched Him in faith that I was healed. I continue to reach out to Him everyday.

It is my prayer at this retreat everyone one who comes will draw one step closer to Christ and be healed.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment