Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I believe God started Zebras not to encourage us to look different than the world, but to look different than the majority of people who go to church.  At the time I just couldn’t sit on the pew anymore and be lukewarm-the desire to get out of the boat and walk on water was all consuming.

But I needed/wanted other water-walkers.  I needed other people who wanted to be crazy for Christ. Other people who saw what I saw-that the tiny faith displayed by the average American Christian falls far short of the faith depicted in the Bible.  

Jesus Christ deserves everything we have and the love of God should compel us to give it all to Him and “run with perseverance the race He has marked out for us.” 

Of course, each of us have a different race, each of us have a different gift, but we all have the same God and the same responsibility to work out our “salvation with fear and trembling” and to give Him everything we got.

There are enough people in the world who will allow us to sin, we don’t need any more.  What we need are people who are going to hold us accountable to the standard God laid down in the New Testament. 

God is able to do far more than we ever think or imagine and He is able to ignite a fire in the heart of the lukewarm if they are willing.  But if they aren’t willing they can easily become a stumbling block.  Those who want to “sit for Jesus” feel better when everyone else is sitting too.

Having spent my whole life as a “fluffy” person I can tell you it can be convicting to eat with a person who is passionate about their body, even if they don’t say anything.  What they believe is obvious by how they look and they choices they make.

I think the same should be true of us.  Our passion for Jesus Christ should be convicting to those who are lukewarm because our life should speak volumes about what it looks like to live all out for God. 

A few weeks ago I shared a collage I made when I was still teaching.  I told you it was my “coming out party” at work because what I had depicted, in cut out pictures, was my all-consuming passion to be transformed into the living image of Christ. 

And that is still true, but I think I’ve gone a step further, it is no longer enough to be transformed into the image of Christ now I pray to be filled with the fire of the Holy Spirit so that my passion for God, as revealed through Jesus Christ, makes a difference.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment