Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you.

As you can see our onion has gotten huge.  If it is going to get any bigger and actually produce fruit, it needs to be taken outside and planted.  But I’m not willing to do all that work.  Whatever fondness I had for it is gone, now it just looks like a large plant that does nothing, so out it goes.

Even typing that seems harsh, but no harsher than what Jesus said to a tree did not produce fruit

Matthew 21:18–19 Early in the morning, as he was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered.
We focus so much on the love and grace of Jesus Christ we gloss right over some very difficult and frightening passages.

John 15:1–6 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches, God is the gardener constantly pruning and shaping us into something that will bear fruit.  Our job is to remain in the vine and not wiggle away from God’s clippers. If we do that the passage says, we will bear much fruit.   Otherwise, we will be gathered up and thrown into the fire.

Thankfully the choice is ours.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment