Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Two more puzzle analogies.

When I opened this new puzzle, I prayed that there wouldn’t be any missing pieces.  I don’t know if they come with missing pieces or if I lose them myself but I’ve had a few odd puzzle experiences, the oddest one being that one puzzle had duplicate pieces.  Two of one piece and one piece missing.  But the company was great and they sent me a new puzzle of my choosing for FREE, which is the puzzle I am currently working on. 

As I work it is impossible to think about missing pieces without thinking of verses like these:

Matthew 18:12: “What do you think?  If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray?”

John 10:28–29: “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.”

God doesn’t lose “puzzle pieces” and no one can take us out of the Father’s Hand.  But I do wonder sometimes if we can “jump out” and wander away.  Otherwise why would verses like this exist?

James 5:19–20: “My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.”

And it is equally difficult not to think of these verses when I am looking high and low for a specific piece. 

Isaiah 55:6: “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near…”

Matthew 13:44–46: “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up.  Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. ‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.’”

If God’s people would only look for Him with as much passion as they look for their lost phone, and realize the kingdom of heaven is worth selling everything for, things would change.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment