Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, February 4, 2017

If It Be Your Will

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday, when I went to walk my dogs I forgot the “poop bags.”  Of course, I didn’t notice it till I needed one and then it was too late to do anything about it.  I refuse to leave poop in other people’s yards, so I searched my pockets to see what I had to pick it up with.

My searched revealed a few tissues I carry for my OPDN, (old person drippy nose.)  Not exactly ideal but they would have to do.

I picked up the poop and immediately began to pray “Dear Lord, you know I don’t want to carry this poop all the way home in a flimsy tissue but I will if that’s what You want me to do but you know my heart and you know I would really appreciate it if You provided a bag.”

After praying I started searching the streets for “the bag,” because I have learned once you start praying for something you need to start looking for the answer.  But the answer didn’t come only another poop, which I picked up with another tissue. 

At this point I have two tissues, two poops, and still no bag.  So, I repeated my prayer. “Lord, you know I really don’t want to carry this poop around but if that is Your plan for me today, I will.  But I would really appreciate a bag.” 

This time after I prayed, a friend walked by and she was carrying extra bags so she gave me three.  Way more than I needed!

Moral of the story:  

You need to be willing to carry poop if God tells you to, He asked a lot more of Jesus:

Luke 22:42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Know that God hears your prayers.  Have faith, expect answers.

Mark 11:22–24 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that fwhat he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

Pass on what God has given you, it will be a blessing to someone else.  

Colossians 3:12–13 “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”

And be honest when you speak to God, you can’t fool Him anyway, He already knows your heart.

Hebrews 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Love,
Jill


P.S. The link is to a great song that fits with today’s message of being willing to “carry poop” for God.  Years ago, our worship team played it and I’ve loved it ever since.  Leonard Cohen, who was Jewish, wrote a great song on submitting to the will of God.  The introduction is eerily relevant considering it was recorded in 1985.  

No comments:

Post a Comment