Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

When my kids were little we went to see “A Series of Unfortunate Events.”  If you haven’t seen the movie it starts with happy elves frocking in the forest and then the announcer says something like: if this is what you came to see you need to go to a different movie. 

That’s how I’m feeling today: If you came to read something light and fluffy guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself you probably need to go to a different site because that isn’t the message God is giving me today.

If you don’t live in California, you might not be aware of the weather situation out here.  After multiple years of drought conditions the rain we have been praying for has finally come and we seem woefully unprepared, unlike Noah we did not build “an ark” to survive the storm.    

Noah is such an inspiration to keep doing the “crazy things” God tells us do.  But you have to wonder, as Noah was building that ark, did he have any idea how bad it was going to get? I know God told Noah He was going to wipe everyone out:

Genesis 7:4 For in seven days I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and every living thing that I have made I will blot out from the face of the ground.

But I can’t help thinking the flood was way worse than Noah imagined it was going to be.

For everyone who prays for Jesus’ return do you ever think about what that is really going to look like?  Do you think we are prepared?

For the longest time, Matthew was my favorite Gospel.  Then all of a sudden I couldn’t read it anymore. Everything in there seemed to be about living full out for Jesus Christ and/or being prepared for Christ’s return. Both subjects would make me sick to my stomach.

It was odd, my favorite Gospel went to being my least favorite in a blink of an eye.  I’m guessing it was because God finally made the words “real.”

I love you little Zebras, that’s why I’m saying this. God’s people need to quit playing around and trying to walk a middle line that does not exist. We cannot stick our heads in the sand and think that lukewarm is good enough-not if we want to withstand what is coming.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment