Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Friday, February 24, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you so.

I have two kids and they have different needs.  Each morning I ask God what I should be praying for them because I know He is the only one who truly knows.

Sometimes He has me pray for encouragement and sometimes He has me pray for conviction because God’s people need both if they want to stay within the will of God.

It is so easy for us to get distracted and get off track, and it is just as easy for us to get discouraged when the track God has us on gets rough. 

I love that God knows how to get us through both situations when our eyes are firmed locked on Him. Just like the old hymn, turning your eyes on Jesus changings everything.

I have a friend who used to pray God would give me “roses” when I was discouraged.  And sometimes He would, but sometimes He would say “get up and walk you’re just feeling sorry for yourself.” Remember what I said to Cain:

Genesis 4:6–7 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”

I don’t have any idea which one you need today, correction or encouragement, actually they are both “roses” from a God who loves us, but I know God does and I am praying you are ready and willing to receive which ever one it is.

Matthew 13:15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment