Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you. I’m not sure why, but this was a huge encouragement to me yesterday.  I hope it encourages you as well

Yesterday I spent some time with a lovely sister in the Lord who told me a story about her family.  She said her sister would put up with verbal abuse from other people, but if anyone ever said anything unkind about her, that is where her sister drew the line.  “You can say mean things about me, but you cannot say mean things about my sister.”

I love that, such loyalty and the phrase she used. “you can go no farther” in describing her sister’s ultimatum to the bullies made me think of this verse:

Job 38:11 ‘This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt’

God told the ocean no farther-you must stay within the boundaries I have given you and it gave me the most beautiful picture of God saying the same thing to Satan.  Here are your boundaries-you may do this and this but you may not do that. And Satan had to listen.

Job 2:6 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.”

I know God allowed Satan to destroy everything Job had, which was a horrible trial for Job to go through, but he was not allowed to take Job’s life. That is where God drew the line.

And what did Job learn through all his trials?  One of the most important lessons we can ever learn, that God is in control, no plans of His are ever thwarted, and if He were to ever show Himself to us in all His glory we would repent in dust and ashes.

Job 42:2–6 “I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.  You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’  My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”

We act like God has lost control but nothing could be further from the truth we have just forgotten, like Job, how big God and His plans really are.  

Jude 24–25 To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment