Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Happy Valentine’s Day.

The other day it was sunny and as I headed out of the house I felt a prompting to go get my hat-but it’s winter for heaven sakes!  So, I ignored the little voice’s prompting and went out bareheaded. 

What I had forgotten is the anti-wrinkle cream I’ve been using makes my skin more sensitive to the sun.  Plus, I had forgotten to put on my face cream, which has a SPF of 15.  The result: my extra sensitive, unprotected face got burned.

Today is the day to get gifts from people who love you.  Praying you spend some time today with God, the person who loves you most, and you listen with a sensitive spirit to what He has to say.  Only He really knows what you need to hear today.  

1 Samuel 3:10 The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

Psalm 23:2–3 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Hebrews 12:5–6: “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”

Revelation 3:19–20: “Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

Oswald has been wonderful the last few days on the importance of listening to God.  Starting on February 12th with “Are You Listening to God?” and ending today with “The Discipline of Hearing”

There is nothing I can add to what God has already had him say. 

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment