Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I hope you had a wonderful God-filled day yesterday.

Last year God gave me a new way to spend my some of my free time, jigsaw puzzles.

I’ve never been a “puzzler,” to be honest I don’t think I had the patience for it.  But it is a great way to let your mind wander and pray.  The first thing you do, if you are doing a large puzzle, is sort the pieces by color.  At first it is difficult to distinguish which piece goes where but the more you handle them and study the box lid, the more you can see where they go.

Two God analogies: First, the more you handle the Word of God, the better you will 
understand it.  At first it may look confusing and overwhelming but keep at it, pray as you read and obey what you learn, and the day will come when you will realize passages you never understood before make sense. 

But obedience is key.  One of my life changing epiphanies from My Utmost For His Highest:


“The golden rule to follow to obtain spiritual understanding is not one of intellectual pursuit, but one of obedience. If a person wants scientific knowledge, then intellectual curiosity must be his guide. But if he desires knowledge and insight into the teachings of Jesus Christ, he can only obtain it through obedience. If spiritual things seem dark and hidden to me, then I can be sure that there is a point of disobedience somewhere in my life. Intellectual darkness is the result of ignorance, but spiritual darkness is the result of something that I do not intend to obey.”

And two: Just like I sit and sort puzzle pieces, someday God will be sorting us.

Matthew 25:32–34: “Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world,’”

But unlike me, who separates puzzle pieces based on their color and appearance, God is going to separate us based upon our faith in Jesus Christ.  And I can’t help thinking we are going to be surprised at the outcome.

Love,
Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment