Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

Yesterday’s Oswald, "Obedience to the Heavenly Vision,” is one of my favorites.

Day by day obedience to a vision from God is what I feel God has been teaching me since He interrupted my life in the summer of 2007.  It started with a Casting Crowns song and ended the following summer in a wild animal park off Interstate 5 in Oregon.

It was a year that changed everything.

As my pastor so casually said as he hopped into his car, after listening to me explain what was going on, “Sounds like God has put a calling on your life.”  At the time, I had no idea what he was taking about but now I do.

1 Corinthians 9:16–18: “Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach.  Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!  If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me.  What then is my reward?  Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.”

To every one of you who have been given a vision from God that hasn’t come to fruition yet, but didn’t read Oswald yesterday, let me encourage you: “Wait for it!”

“Waiting for a vision that ‘tarries’ is the true test of our faithfulness to God.  It is at the risk of our own soul’s welfare that we get caught up in practical busy-work only to miss the fulfillment of the vision”-Oswald

While you wait, rest in the faithfulness of God, practice every day obedience and be convinced in your own mind, like Abraham, that God is able to do whatever He has promised.

Romans 4:20–21: Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

I love you Zebras, and I have a special empathy and desire to encourage those of you who are laboring under a vision from God.

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment