Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you.

It may seem odd to you that I start these posts that way.  You might think “That’s stupid how can she love me, she doesn’t even know me!”  And I get it, because that’s what I would have thought too just a few short years ago.

But I do love you in the same way I love everyone, with the love that is given to me through Jesus Christ.

You can’t love anyone unless God gives you the power to do so.  Even people you really “love,” like your family, can drive you crazy when you’re walking in the flesh.

I once heard someone say it was impossible to be with someone in spirit.  Their point was we are physical beings and we can only be in one place at a time.  Which is true but the Spirit God has placed inside of us isn’t a physical being and He can be wherever our heart is.

My daughter lives in South Korea.  My son is in Chicago.  But everyday God allows me to be with them in Spirit as I pray for them to remain strong in their faith and to serve God wholeheartedly.  If it was possible for Paul, I figure it’s possible for me. 

Colossians 2:5 (NIV84)  “For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how orderly you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.”

Colossians 2:5 (NLT)  “For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.”

That’s how I feel about all of you.  I pray for each of you every day.  I pray you are staying strong and encouraged, that your eyes are firmly fixed on Jesus Christ, that you walk in an way that honors God and that everything that’s robbing you of the joy that should be yours is brought to light and dealt with.

It’s the same things I pray for myself.

I heard a Bible teacher once say “Life is tough and then you die.”  After class I asked her if she was kidding.  Christianity isn’t about gritting your teeth and suffering until you get to heaven.

Life can be tough, but Jesus is “tougher.”  He has overcome this world and all the evil in it which means we too can overcome our sins and live in joy and peace.  “Heaven” isn’t just for tomorrow, it’s for today. 

John 10:10  “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”

I do love you Zebras and I want only the best for you, because this isn’t a ministry about me, it is about us and we are stronger if everyone is up and running for God.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment