Zebra Events


Contact information

Gary or Jill Getchell at zebraministries@gmail.com


Zebra Ministries

Welcome to the herd!

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Good morning Zebras,

I love you!  I love how God works to show Himself when that’s the desire of your heart.

Yesterday in my journal I wrote: “I am willing to wait” and then I stopped.  “Willing to wait” sounds like I think I have the upper hand and I am condescending to wait for God to give me what I want.  If my kids had said they were “willing to clean their room,” it would sound like they thought they had a choice.

So, I thought, David and Abraham both waited and they “journaled,” especially David, did he ever use the phrase “willing to wait?”  Turns out he didn’t, at least not that I could find, but he did use the word “wait” a lot.

Psalm 25:5: Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 27:14: Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Psalm 38:15: But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.

Psalm 62:5: For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.

Wait, wait, wait and not one mention of whether or not he was “willing.”

Love,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment